Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thank you, Dear Teachers

Its Teachers day in India. I am sure, in every Indian student, somehow this day would be itched in his/her memory. Teacher’s day memories are evergreen and even make me nostalgic. Until I entered into pre-university, Sept 5th, was one of those days, which I really enjoyed every bit of it. Right from primary school education, until now, I have had some dedicated and inspiring teachers/mentors, who have left great impression on me and helped me evolve both personally and professionally.

In school days, we really looked forward for teachers’ day, (It was the day to impress your beloved teacher too…...). I used to plead with my mother to give me some rupees, so that I can buy rose for my teachers. We students used to plan already weeks before, how to prepare the greeting cards, who makes the embroidery on it, who writes the poems etc. The day previous to the Teachers’ day, we spent hours decorating the blackboards and staff room. Preparation for those skits, dances ,games and thanks giving speeches for teachers, was just so much of fun. (In every school, there are few teachers who are favorite of all the students. So there was a hidden fight in between the students too, to give rose and gifts to her in person:)

I was very much dependent on my teachers for lessons and as well for moral support during my tween to teenage period. They not only taught (and also punished for being a trouble maker in the class:) ,but instilled hope, dreams and confidence in me. Be it be developing passion for Kannada literature or science or venturing into different activities, like Trekking, photography, journalism etc etc, they encouraged me in everything. They may not be aware of their influence on me, but as I look back, my heart gets filled with admiration and thankfulness for them.

So, my dear teachers and mentors, thank you very much. Your timely help , encouragement and influence on me is everlasting.

----------------------------------

"Maatru devo bhava, Pithru devo bhava, Guru devo bhava"

“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward (Literally holds good for our great ex-president Dr.Kalam. His "Wings of fire" ,"Ignited minds" of thousands of students)

No comments:

Post a Comment